I am about to finish reading all the historical romances available by Julie Garwood and it kind of breaks my heart knowing that there won’t be anymore of her historical romance books to look forward to.
Last night I finished reading Saving Grace. As always the book was splendid with humorous antics that kept me smiling all the way through.
I started reading Prince Charming and stopped at a couple of pages. After reading that I will be moving onto The Wedding. The last historical romance book left.
Anyways there are still the contemporary novels to look forward to, and the latest novel which would be out in December as well.
Until then happy reading!! :)
Being the book hungry worm that I am, (no regrets at all whatsoever about the fact), I am kind of looking forward to some novels by authors whose books that I love dearly. Some are to come out next month.. and some later than that.
1. Shadow Dance by Julie Garwood: This book which is to come out in December of 2006 is a much awaited novel of her fans. the story centers around the handsome and dashing Noah Clayborne who has featured in many of Julie Garwood’s contemporary novels featuring the Buchanan Family, such as Heartbreaker and Mercy. The heroine is none other than Jordan Buchanan, the sister of Theo (my favorite Julie Garwood hero of all time) and Nick Buchanan from Mercy and Heartbreaker respectively. I can’t wait to get my hands on this book and read the fascinating journey that they make separately to find each other, at long last. (I sure love the cover of this book. Has got this mysterious aura thing going on.)
2. Reluctant Mistress, Blackmailed Wife by Lynne Graham: This will supposedly hit the e-book stands next month. I love books by Lynne Graham because she portrays a world which is so foreign to most women and something that only we can dream about most of our life. Dashing heroes clashing with their match in every way, losing patience and regretting the burst of emotion from men who try to put out the image of being cold and heartless. Am certain this story would make a wonderful read as any of her books.
(rubbing hands together) cant wait!!!!
3. Stay Through The Night by Anne Mather: Since I read Anne Mather’s His Virgin Mistress a few years back by chance, I have loved her style of writing although I don’t get the opportunity to read a lot of her books. Although the paperback version of the book has already being released this book hits the e-book stands in November as well.
There are certain people who ridicule the fact that I read romance novels. A LOT. So what? I am a hopeless romantic at heart and I do love happy endings. There is nothing wrong in losing oneself in a tangle of dashing handsome heroes who go out of their way to declare their love once they have fallen, and man, do they fall HARD.
I just finished reading this Mills n Boons Novel, Master of Passion By Penny Jordan and loved every bit of it.
My favorite authors include Penny Jordan, Lynne Graham, Sandra Marton and Anne Mather to name a few who are famous for their short novels in the Mills N Boons Series.
Some other novelists who are on top of my list for writing a good romantic novel you can curl up with on a rainy day includes,
- Judith McNaught: have read and re-read all her books. There is just no one like her to weave the magic of romance, passion and love like she does.
- Julie Garwood: I loved her book Mercy. The hero Theo Buchanan has become one of my most favorite heroes of all time. He just seems to leap out of the book right at you! Ladies, I really recommend this book as a toe curler. ;)
- Sandra Brown: her novels are fast paced and sexy as hell, and makes for an interesting read with romance, intrigue, passion and mystery
- Nora Roberts: her books have an Irish background to it, and a homeliness about it that is rare in books by other authors. Chesapeake Blue was one of the most recent novels of hers which I read which made for an awesome read!
Who are your favorite romance authors? Or are you one of those who scoff at the mere idea of a romance novel? :)